- This policy will tell you how Webhosting.net handles personal information that Webhosting.net collects and receives, including information related to your usage, both past and present, of Webhosting.net products and services, including Webhosting.net. Personal information can be defined as information about you including your name, company name, address, email address, and/or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Webhosting.net does not own or manage, or to individuals that Webhosting.net does not employ, instruct, or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Webhosting.net collects information when you register with Webhosting.net, when you use Webhosting.net products or services, and when you browse/visit Webhosting.net pages.
- Upon registering, we ask for your name, email address, zip code. Once you have done this and sign in to our services, you are no longer anonymous to Webhosting.net.
- Webhosting.net automatically receives and records information in our servers and on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Webhosting.net cookie information, and the specific page you request. This information is not shared with any 3rd parties and is used only for internal technical and sales-tracking purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Webhosting.net does not rent, sell, auction-off, or share any personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies or entities, with the following exceptions:
- We have written permission to do so, or receive ?electronic permission? via email or instant messaging, to do so.
- Occasionally, Webhosting.net will seek testimonials from satisfied customers to serve as advertising for our services. This information will only be gathered with permission to do so, or when volunteered, or when Webhosting.net receives ?electronic permission?, via email or instant-messaging, to do so.
- We will respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- If required by law or license agreement to do so.
- Webhosting.net may set and access Webhosting.net cookies on your computer.
- Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Other companies do not have access to Webhosting.net's cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Webhosting.net Account Information at any time by contacting us here.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Webhosting.net service, such as service announcements. Administrative messages are considered part of your Webhosting.net account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your Webhosting.net account by sending an email here.
- You may choose to opt-out of marketing-related correspondence from Webhosting.net, such as the Webhosting.net Newsletter. We never share your email address or other personal information with any 3rd-party.
- Some information may remain on file for deleted accounts for 30 days or more for accounting and other legal/licensing record-keeping.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to your personal information to employees who need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Your Webhosting.net account information is password-protected.
- In certain areas Webhosting.net uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- Webhosting.net is not responsible for security issues related to users choosing ?easy? passwords (i.e. ?password?) or users who fail to safeguard their password.
- Webhosting.net is not responsible for viruses and other ?Trojan horse? programs running on customers? PC that capture keystrokes or electronically detect users? passwords.
Webhosting.net may update this policy. We will notify you about changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Webhosting.net account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.